How many times have you heard someone say “I have to survive the Holiday season.” Let’s break that phrase down energetically, shall we?
We all know what the holidays are, but what the hell is a root chakra?
It’s an energy center in our body that helps us manage the energies of survival and basic needs. It also houses our family energies and shared tribal values. It vibrates at a resonance that is survival-oriented and matches our family. It’s a dense, low-vibrating energy center as it also matches our physical nature (our flesh and bone bodies).
Now can you see how the holidays and the root chakra go hand in hand? What do we typically do during the holiday season? That’s right! Most of us gather with family! When we gather with our family, our vibration tends to lower so that it can resonate with the energy of our family system.
What does that mean?
Well, in our daily lives, we vibrate at a frequency that feels comfortable to us. It may be in our heart center or perhaps we’re spiritually focused and vibrate in the third eye center. There is no right or wrong, simply a preference or a learned pattern. For example, I am comfortable vibrating in my heart. However, I want Cam Newton vibrating in his root when he’s playing football; that’s where the power of the physical body lies! (Also – Go Panthers!) If Cam is trying to play ball and is housing his energy higher in the body, say in his throat, he might be great at calling out the plays, but he’s going to have a hard time running and catching. But if I’m going to see a kick-ass singer belt out some ballads, guess where I want her energy to be vibrating? That’s right! Her throat!
So when you’re spending time with your relatives during the holiday season, your energy will naturally drop into your root so you can connect and harmonize. You see, a lot of people think that it’s the turkey that makes them tired. It ain’t the turkey! And you can read this article to find out more! When we are tired, grumpy, frustrated, or more easily annoyed, chances are we’re vibrating at a lower place than we’re used to.
So, how can you counteract this?
It’s simple really. It takes awareness, a tiny bit of time, and a little kick of caffeine. I’ll break it down in simple steps.
Here’s how you can kick the Holiday Family Slump
1. Get everyone out of the house but you stay behind.
2. After everyone is gone, set a solid intention to have the energy in the house cleared out. You may wish to say a prayer for this or simply ask Source or The Universe. If you’re so inclined, you could even sage the place!
3. Next, ask for a higher, healthier vibration to come into the house.
4. Get yourself a little caffeine. (Caffeine can help kick our vibration up short-term. If you’re a no-caffeine kind of person, try an herbal tea with some cinnamon in it! Personally, I love Harney and Sons Hot Cinnamon Spice Tea as well as Celestial Seasonings Bengal Spice Herbal Tea)
5. When everyone comes back in, observe the difference. It’ll feel lighter, and you (and them) won’t feel as tired!
If you can’t get everyone out, there are two other options:
1. Take a deep breath (or better yet go for a brisk walk), clear your own energy, then ask for your vibration to lift to its normal setpoint. Then, imagine an imaginary bubble around you that helps hold your vibration high. (You can also do a little caffeine or cinnamon tea after you’ve cleared your energy to add a boost!)
2. Ask the Divine to blanket the room or house with a heart-centered vibration that feels good and helps lift those willing to feel it.
When your trip is over, you may wish to do a meditation or two to help raise your vibration back to where it more naturally sits enabling you a quicker recovery from your home visit!